“I am a writer who loves nature, art, people and literature. I advocate for kids and families, childhood literacy and for the protection of monarch butterflies and their threatened habitat in my books and on my blog. My blog supports authors, features great books and poetry and provides tips for writers and readers as well. I am working on my first novel, planned for release SUMMER 2014. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. I look forward to hearing from you.” — Bette
My dear friend Michelle has honored me with a Field of Flowers Award. I invite you to stop by Michelle’s blog http://michelleclementsjames.com/ where you’ll find outstanding book reviews on Book Chats. Books for reading or gifting that you won’t want to miss!
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement, Michelle. Can’t wait to find out about your latest read.
THE FIELD OF FLOWERS AWARD
This is a fairly new award meant to show appreciation or say thank you or just to brighten someone’s day. You can read about it here or share the love and pass on your own field of flowers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Place the award on your blog
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and write a little something about why you would give these bloggers “A Field Of Flowers”
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them
I would like to give a FIELD OF FLOWERS TO MY BLOGGING FRIENDS, Because…
I would like to give this award to all of my blogging friends because you are all so wonderful and have been so supportive of my blogging efforts. However, I am supposed to choose just seven (this is the really tough part) to nominate for this award. Here are seven of the many great blogs I follow to inspire you! ~ Bette A. Stevens
1) Serendipity. Marilyn Armstrong is the author of The 12-Foot Teepee and blogger extraordinaire. She always leaves me with a smile and posts and photos that I can’t wait to share.
2) http://cindyknoke.com/ Love to travel? Tour the globe with Cindy and find out all about her Homestead Holler too. Photos and posts will leave you wanting more!
3) http://ashiakira.wordpress.com/ I love Ahsi’s haiku and I think you will to!
4) http://askthegoodmommy.wordpress.com/ Looking for THE BEST ADVICE ON ALL THINGS GIRLS/KIDS? You’ll find it here!
5) http://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/ AUTHORS & READERS: Looking for the best book club on the planet? Stop by for a visit and join us! Tell them Bette sent you.
6) http://sacredtouches.com/ You’ll find beauty for the eyes and inspiration for the soul on Natalie’s wonderful blog!
7) http://the-natural-web.org/ If you’re a nature lover like me, you’ll definitely enjoy this great blog. You can find out more about milkweed and our pollinators on this great post http://the-natural-web.org/2013/08/19/milkweed-its-not-just-for-monarchs/
Congratulations to all of my nominees. You’re awesome!
To my readers, please stop by these amazing blogs.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island
As a writer inspired by nature and human nature, I love art in its many forms.
Thomas Merton’s quote describes my answer well.
And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Looking for adventure, romance and hope for the future?
AND THE MOUNTAINS ECHOED is the third novel I’ve read from author Khaled Hosseini. An epic novel transcends cultures as it takes the reader from Afghanistan to America with poignant tales of a family whose root are in the Middle East. Looking for adventure, romance and hope for the future? Khaled Hosseini doesn’t disappoint! ~ Bette A. Stevens, author of award-winning picture book Amazing Matilda, The Tangram Zoo (hands-on learning and fun) and PURE TRASH, a boomer boy’s short story adventure and prequel to upcoming debut novel DOG BONE SOUP.
Authors & Readers: Mark your calendar NOW for READ TUESDAY! ~ Bette A. Stevens http://www.4writersandreaders.com
Originally posted on ReadTuesday:
It’s a Black Friday type of sales event, but just for books.
In 2014, Read Tuesday will fall on Tuesday, December 9.
It will be a great opportunity to buy and gift books at amazing sales prices.
It will also be a great marketing opportunity for authors and publishers.
The Read Tuesday website will feature the following deals on Tuesday, December 9, 2014:
- Kindle Countdown Deals (in the US and in the UK).
- Kindle freebies.
- Smashwords discount codes (40% minimum).
- Amazon MatchBook offers with FREE Kindle offers. Give the print edition as a gift, keep the free Kindle e-book for yourself. (With the MatchBook offers, the Kindle edition will only be free if the print edition is purchased from Amazon first.)
- New releases available for preorder.
- Free supplemental material for children’s, tween, and teen books, with the spirit of promoting literacy and improving reading fluency and comprehension.
View original 1,176 more words
Originally posted on Cynthia Reyes:
David Walton-Ball opens the door of his summer home, east of Toronto, and is greeted by a child looking up at him:
“Can Sandra come out to play?”
Sandra — you may be surprised to hear — is not a child.
She’s David’s wife, a talented artist whose work hangs in galleries in Canada and Mexico.
She and the children have developed a system at her small studio at the summer house.
If this sign is up, Sandra can’t come out to play.
In Mexico where she and David spend the winter, Sandra teaches art to children whose parents can’t afford to pay for lessons.
“We put on Andrea Bocelli and the children sing along.”
San Miguel de Allende is home to many artists from Canada and the U.S.
Years ago, Sandra…
View original 412 more words