Writers/bloggers: Don’t miss out on this… FREE pdf e-book downloadable “Savvy Blogging for Time Starved Writers”~ Bette A. Stevens
Archive for the ‘Blogging’ Category
Thank you Catherine Townsend-Lyon, my dear author friend at Recovery Ramblings Blog for nominating me for this lovely award. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and to follow you in the blogosphere this year. Thank you for finding and following me.
You can find out all about Catherine at http://anauthorandwriterinprogress.wordpress.com/.
Catherine is a blogger who is always reaching out to help others. I value her friendship and support and invite you to stop by one of her blogs for a visit. You can also find Catherine at her new blog http://CatherineLyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com You can find Catherine’s book Addicted to Dimes (Confessions of a Liar and a Cheat) http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984478485
Here are the rules for accepting The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 8 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 8 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
DRUM ROLL… My Nominees are:
Sherri Rabinowitz, Blogtalk Radio Host & Blogger http://rithebard.wordpress.com/
Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them ) http://taralazar.com/
Writers in the Storm—this group of professional writers share writing tips and so much more http://writersinthestorm.wordpress.com/
Bullying prevention blog, Thoughts on Bullying http://erricksm.wordpress.com/
Garry Rogers advocates for nature in fiction and science fiction: Conservation & Science Fiction http://garryrogers.com/
Glynnis Smy, Author of Historical Romance with a Twist at http://glynissmyauthor.com/
Cindy Knoke, travel, photos and timeless posts http://cindyknoke.com/
Here are the 7 Things About Me:
- I am a retired teacher (grades 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8) and I enjoy visiting schools and libraries and reading to kids.
- I live on a 37-acre farm in Central Maine with my amazing husband of 48 years.
- Our kitty child MIDNIGHT adopted us in 2008. She was wild and living in our barn from June to December that year. My grandson helped me lure her into the house with a can of tuna fish. She’s our girl!
- My computer is going crazy… I think I’ll have to save everything and start from ground zero. Prayers, please.
- I love nature, people and literature and advocate for children at every opportunity.
- I am very thankful for my family and for all of my wonderful friends in the blogosphere and beyond. You have all helped me in more ways than I could ever repay. THANK YOU!
- Since retiring from teaching in 2005, I have self-published three books. You can find them at http://www.Amazon.com/author/betteastevens
- I love writing and reading. I’m currently rereading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It’s even better the second time around. I’m also working on my first novel. The draft was completed in November and I’m making a New Year’s resolution to have it ready to publish in 2014.
Thank you again, Catherine. It is an honor to receive this award, and a delight to pass it on.
You can find Catherine Townsend-Lyon at http://CatherineLyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com
That’s it for now. folks.
Wishing you all God’s richest blessings in 2014 and beyond,
Bette A. Stevens, Maine author/illustrator
Thank you, JR Barker, author of The Adventures of the Frog Prince http://jrbarker101.wordpress.com/the-blog/ for nominating me for A Super Sweet Blogger Award. May your Sweetest Dreams come true!
Please stop by to visit children’s author J.R. Barker and all of my Super Sweet Blogger nominees. These outstanding bloggers have inspired me with their own blogs and faithfully continue to support me at 4writersandreaders. Here are my Super Sweet nominees:
- Kathryn Treat, a dear blogosphere friend and advocate and author of Allergic to Life at http://allergictolifemybattle.wordpress.com/
- Tricia Drammeh, author of young adult fiction and paranormal romance at http://www.triciadrammeh.com/
- Janet Spina, author of inspirational children’s books at http://jemsbooks.wordpress.com/
- Marilyn Armstrong author of The 12-Foot Teepee and an amazing photographer blogger extraordinaire at SERENDIPITY http://teepee12.com/
- Natalie Scarberry, an amazing inspirational blogger at http://sacredtouches.com/
- Kharis Macey, author of the newly released novel Upon is Death Bed at http://kharismaceyworksnovels.com/
- Catherine Lyons, author and recovery ramblings blogger at http://catherinelyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com/
- Chris McMullen, physics professor, author, indie supporter and co-founder of READ TUESDAY http://chrismcmullen.wordpress.com/2013/12/28/the-power-of-a-backlist/
- Amelia Curzon, author of Mungai and the Goa Constrictor and an ardent animal preservation activist at CARTE BLANCHE http://ameliacurzonblogger.wordpress.com/
- SLS Oborosky, author of Ivy: The Stem of a Rose and Ivy: The Blossoming of a Rose at AUTHOR’S THOUGHTS http://soborowsky.wordpress.com/
- Beebee, writer, poet, historian, photographer and mom at http://beebeesworld.wordpress.com/
- FC Malby, author of Take Me to the Castle and impressive writing tips blogger at http://fcmalby.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules for accepting this delightfully delicious award, my Super Sweet Friends;
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer 5 Super Sweet questions.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
4. Nominate a bakers’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers.
6. Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
The 5 Super Sweet Questions.
1. Cookies or Cake? Cookies, by all means, especially if they’re home made Chocolate Chip with Walnuts!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Decisions, decisions… Chocolate for candies, vanilla for ice cream and cakes.
3.Favorite Sweet Treat? Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares (Have to stock up at Christmas time, since I can’t find them after the holidays…)
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? Bedtime
5. Sweet Nick Name? Honey
Thanks to a community of thoughtful, kind and caring bloggers
Thank you, Eunice Miller, for nominating me for this award. It is an honor and a privilege to accept it. Readers, please stop by to visit Eunice’s beautiful and inspiring blog at http://nutsfortreasure.wordpress.com/ Eunice has been one of my greatest supporters. She is always there to comment, encourage, share and even teach me some techy stuff about blogging. Needless to say, she is very deserving of this award. The WordPress Family Award is reserved for folks in Cyberspace who are unceasingly kind, sympathetic, encouraging, and open to laughter—and who keep each other going by sharing, commenting, and making personal connections even though they may actually be virtual strangers.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them.
I want to say a special “Thank You!” to ALL of the outstanding bloggers who so faithfully support and encourage me here at http://www.4writersandreaders.com/. I invite everyone to visit these wonderful blogs.
My nominees are:
Special thanks to everyone for stopping by for a visit… Happy writing, reading, caring and sharing! ~ Bette A. Stevens
Great Blogging Tips! Bette A. Stevens
Originally posted on The Daily Post:
WordPress.com widgets are a great way to add new content such as your Twitter stream, or to display del.icio.us links, a tag cloud and/or a calendar to your blog, either in the sidebar, header, or footer of your site.
To see the widgets you have available to you, log in to your WordPress.com dashboard and click on Appearance > Widgets. To add a widget, simply click on it and drag it up and over to the right of the widget screen, into the Default Sidebar, Header Area, or Footer Area section of your site. If you choose to use several widgets in your sidebar, for example, you can click and drag them to order them as you see fit.
Here’s a bunch of my favorite widgets:
View original 255 more words
4writersandreaders: 6 Stars
I did receive my 6th STAR, but haven’t had a chance to pass it along, yet. The year is fast slipping by, so I must get busy:
First of all, I must thank Dear Kitty, once again for the star. Check out her blog at http://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/
Finally, I would like to nominate three blogs that I follow for their continued inspiration:
- http://teepee12.wordpress.com/ Serendipity
- http://timetobeinspired.wordpress.com/ WordPress
- http://nutsfortreasure.wordpress.com/ Eunice
Tis the Season to be inspired.
So click all of the links;
And let them know what you think!Congratulations, Best Wishes & Happy Holidays to All! Bette A. Stevens
Heartfelt thanks to the following blogs for nominating 4writersandreaders with a total of five stars— amended on 12/12/12, see award caption in this post— for THE 2012 BLOG OF THE YEAR AWARD! I am both honored and humbled in accepting them. I am very new at all of this internet technology (IT), but I love to write and I love to follow your blogs. I am thankful to all of my readers and fellow-bloggers and for the opportunity to part of the IT community.
First and foremost, I want to acknowledge and thank all of the blogs that I follow for the wealth of inspiration they provide me with on a regular basis.
4writersandreaders’primary focus is on literature and literacy and I am delighted to pass the BLOGGER OF THE YEAR AWARD on to four of the blogs that I follow for their literary expertise and excellence:
Thanks for the wonderful Shakespeare posts that I have the privilege of reblogging.
Thanks for your outstanding reviews of newly published children’s books that I can pass on to my friends, family, fans and followers on all of my social networks.
Thanks for sharing the best: adult and children’s literature and reviews, plus highlights of the classic writers.
Thanks for inspiring me to embark upon the delightful task of interviewing authors and writing my feature posts MEET THE AUTHOR . You have provided me with a perceptive and professional example to follow.
Congratulations and sincere thanks to each one of you! Below you’ll find out how to accept and display your award. Just click the link, grab your star and keep shining! – Bette A. Stevens 4writersandreaders.
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
Do you know a blog that deserves an award?
Do you have special blogs that you love to read?
Which blogs do you bookmark and follow?
Would you like to give them an award this year?
Then the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award is for you!
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…