Archive for the ‘Photography’ Category
Beautiful! ~ Bette A. Stevens http://www.4writersandreaders.com
“Throw your dreams into space like a kite,
and you do not know what it will bring back,
a new life,
a new friend,
a new love,
a new country.”
INSPIRED BY NATURE… Nine years ago we planted five apple trees (Granny Smith, Greening, Red Rome, Cortland and Macoun) in crescent between the house and the barn here at The Farmstead. Today we harvested five bushels. No need to go to the orchard or to the market for apples this year. Wishing you a bountiful fall! ~ Bette A. Stevens
- Print the pdf version and listen to the music at https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/for-the-beauty-of-the-earth?lang=eng
My dear friend Michelle has honored me with a Field of Flowers Award. I invite you to stop by Michelle’s blog http://michelleclementsjames.com/ where you’ll find outstanding book reviews on Book Chats. Books for reading or gifting that you won’t want to miss!
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement, Michelle. Can’t wait to find out about your latest read.
THE FIELD OF FLOWERS AWARD
This is a fairly new award meant to show appreciation or say thank you or just to brighten someone’s day. You can read about it here or share the love and pass on your own field of flowers.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Place the award on your blog
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and write a little something about why you would give these bloggers “A Field Of Flowers”
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them
I would like to give a FIELD OF FLOWERS TO MY BLOGGING FRIENDS, Because…
I would like to give this award to all of my blogging friends because you are all so wonderful and have been so supportive of my blogging efforts. However, I am supposed to choose just seven (this is the really tough part) to nominate for this award. Here are seven of the many great blogs I follow to inspire you! ~ Bette A. Stevens
1) Serendipity. Marilyn Armstrong is the author of The 12-Foot Teepee and blogger extraordinaire. She always leaves me with a smile and posts and photos that I can’t wait to share.
2) http://cindyknoke.com/ Love to travel? Tour the globe with Cindy and find out all about her Homestead Holler too. Photos and posts will leave you wanting more!
3) http://ashiakira.wordpress.com/ I love Ahsi’s haiku and I think you will to!
4) http://askthegoodmommy.wordpress.com/ Looking for THE BEST ADVICE ON ALL THINGS GIRLS/KIDS? You’ll find it here!
5) http://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/ AUTHORS & READERS: Looking for the best book club on the planet? Stop by for a visit and join us! Tell them Bette sent you.
6) http://sacredtouches.com/ You’ll find beauty for the eyes and inspiration for the soul on Natalie’s wonderful blog!
7) http://the-natural-web.org/ If you’re a nature lover like me, you’ll definitely enjoy this great blog. You can find out more about milkweed and our pollinators on this great post http://the-natural-web.org/2013/08/19/milkweed-its-not-just-for-monarchs/
Congratulations to all of my nominees. You’re awesome!
To my readers, please stop by these amazing blogs.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island
As a writer inspired by nature and human nature, I love art in its many forms.
Thomas Merton’s quote describes my answer well.
410. The butterfly is a flying flower, the flower a tethered butterfly. ~Ponce Denis Ècouchard Lebrun
Thanks, Sacred Touches, for this Amazing Monarch post! ~ Bette
Originally posted on Sacred Touches:
Black atennas twitch
as the caterpillar
strips the last green leaf
from the naked milkweed.
Striped flesh shed,
the green skin below
becomes a jade pendant
rimmed in gold,
hung by a black thread.
Nature, that green magician,
arranges a slight of hand.
The fat worm in a striped suit
slides into a chrysalis
naps for a fortnight
draped in orange,
ready to dance.
He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. Daniel 2:21 ✝
Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you save, you heal, you restore, and you reveal Your Father’s heart to us! You have captured me with grace and I’m caught in Your infinite embrace! Like Saint Hildegard Lord, may I too be a feather on your holy breath and spread, like seeds, the gospel abroad.
Poem first posted at:…
View original 5 more words