APRIL IS POETRY MONTH!
What are you writing?
Here’s a Spring Haiku from me. Snow is still covering the ground here in Central Maine, but I’m looking forward to watching those new blooms appear. I’ll be listening for their song. ~ Bette A. Stevens
Simply marvelous! ~ Bette A. Stevens
Originally posted on Sacred Touches:
All goes back to the earth,
and so I do not desire
pride of excess or power,
but the contentments made
by men who have had little:
the fisherman’s silence
receiving the river’s grace,
the gardener’s musing on rows….
To find the universal elements enough;
to find the air and the water exhilarating;
to be refreshed by a morning walk
or an evening saunter…
to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a bird’s nest
or a wildflower in spring —these are
some of the rewards of the simple life.
The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. ~Psalm 19: 7 ✝
**Image via Pinterest
Beautiful! ~ Bette A. Stevens http://www.4writersandreaders.com
“Throw your dreams into space like a kite,
and you do not know what it will bring back,
a new life,
a new friend,
a new love,
a new country.”
INSPIRED BY NATURE… Nine years ago we planted five apple trees (Granny Smith, Greening, Red Rome, Cortland and Macoun) in crescent between the house and the barn here at The Farmstead. Today we harvested five bushels. No need to go to the orchard or to the market for apples this year. Wishing you a bountiful fall! ~ Bette A. Stevens
My dear friend Michelle has honored me with a Field of Flowers Award. I invite you to stop by Michelle’s blog http://michelleclementsjames.com/ where you’ll find outstanding book reviews on Book Chats. Books for reading or gifting that you won’t want to miss!
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement, Michelle. Can’t wait to find out about your latest read.
THE FIELD OF FLOWERS AWARD
This is a fairly new award meant to show appreciation or say thank you or just to brighten someone’s day. You can read about it here or share the love and pass on your own field of flowers.
I would like to give this award to all of my blogging friends because you are all so wonderful and have been so supportive of my blogging efforts. However, I am supposed to choose just seven (this is the really tough part) to nominate for this award. Here are seven of the many great blogs I follow to inspire you! ~ Bette A. Stevens
1) Serendipity. Marilyn Armstrong is the author of The 12-Foot Teepee and blogger extraordinaire. She always leaves me with a smile and posts and photos that I can’t wait to share.
2) http://cindyknoke.com/ Love to travel? Tour the globe with Cindy and find out all about her Homestead Holler too. Photos and posts will leave you wanting more!
3) http://ashiakira.wordpress.com/ I love Ahsi’s haiku and I think you will to!
4) http://askthegoodmommy.wordpress.com/ Looking for THE BEST ADVICE ON ALL THINGS GIRLS/KIDS? You’ll find it here!
5) http://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/ AUTHORS & READERS: Looking for the best book club on the planet? Stop by for a visit and join us! Tell them Bette sent you.
6) http://sacredtouches.com/ You’ll find beauty for the eyes and inspiration for the soul on Natalie’s wonderful blog!
7) http://the-natural-web.org/ If you’re a nature lover like me, you’ll definitely enjoy this great blog. You can find out more about milkweed and our pollinators on this great post http://the-natural-web.org/2013/08/19/milkweed-its-not-just-for-monarchs/
Congratulations to all of my nominees. You’re awesome!
To my readers, please stop by these amazing blogs.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
― Thomas Merton, No Man Is an Island
As a writer inspired by nature and human nature, I love art in its many forms.
Thomas Merton’s quote describes my answer well.