INSPIRED BY NATURE… Nine years ago we planted five apple trees (Granny Smith, Greening, Red Rome, Cortland and Macoun) in crescent between the house and the barn here at The Farmstead. Today we harvested five bushels. No need to go to the orchard or to the market for apples this year. Wishing you a bountiful fall! ~ Bette A. Stevens
Posts tagged ‘Bette A. Stevens’
Thank you Catherine Townsend-Lyon, my dear author friend at Recovery Ramblings Blog for nominating me for this lovely award. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and to follow you in the blogosphere this year. Thank you for finding and following me.
You can find out all about Catherine at http://anauthorandwriterinprogress.wordpress.com/.
Catherine is a blogger who is always reaching out to help others. I value her friendship and support and invite you to stop by one of her blogs for a visit. You can also find Catherine at her new blog http://CatherineLyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com You can find Catherine’s book Addicted to Dimes (Confessions of a Liar and a Cheat) http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984478485
Here are the rules for accepting The Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Next, select 8 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 8 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
DRUM ROLL… My Nominees are:
Sherri Rabinowitz, Blogtalk Radio Host & Blogger http://rithebard.wordpress.com/
Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids (While Raising Them ) http://taralazar.com/
Writers in the Storm—this group of professional writers share writing tips and so much more http://writersinthestorm.wordpress.com/
Bullying prevention blog, Thoughts on Bullying http://erricksm.wordpress.com/
Garry Rogers advocates for nature in fiction and science fiction: Conservation & Science Fiction http://garryrogers.com/
Glynnis Smy, Author of Historical Romance with a Twist at http://glynissmyauthor.com/
Cindy Knoke, travel, photos and timeless posts http://cindyknoke.com/
Here are the 7 Things About Me:
- I am a retired teacher (grades 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8) and I enjoy visiting schools and libraries and reading to kids.
- I live on a 37-acre farm in Central Maine with my amazing husband of 48 years.
- Our kitty child MIDNIGHT adopted us in 2008. She was wild and living in our barn from June to December that year. My grandson helped me lure her into the house with a can of tuna fish. She’s our girl!
- My computer is going crazy… I think I’ll have to save everything and start from ground zero. Prayers, please.
- I love nature, people and literature and advocate for children at every opportunity.
- I am very thankful for my family and for all of my wonderful friends in the blogosphere and beyond. You have all helped me in more ways than I could ever repay. THANK YOU!
- Since retiring from teaching in 2005, I have self-published three books. You can find them at http://www.Amazon.com/author/betteastevens
- I love writing and reading. I’m currently rereading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It’s even better the second time around. I’m also working on my first novel. The draft was completed in November and I’m making a New Year’s resolution to have it ready to publish in 2014.
Thank you again, Catherine. It is an honor to receive this award, and a delight to pass it on.
You can find Catherine Townsend-Lyon at http://CatherineLyonaddictedtodimes.wordpress.com
That’s it for now. folks.
Wishing you all God’s richest blessings in 2014 and beyond,
Bette A. Stevens, Maine author/illustrator