SHARING WITH WRITERS
Guest Post by Bette A. Stevens —SHARING WITH WRITERS, The Newsletter of Carolyn Howard-Johnson (March 15, 2013)
Readers and writers are very busy people, but they love to help promote their favorite authors and their books. Ever try to LIKE one of your favorite author’s books and find that the ‘Like’ button has disappeared from the book’s page? Feel like you’ve wasted your time? Don’t fret. Don’t get discouraged. There’s still plenty you can do while you’re on your author’s book page. Here’s a short list:
- Read the reviews and YES the ones that are helpful.
- Go to the author’s page (you’ll find the link at the top of the book’s page).
- ‘Like’ the author page and check it out. You may find other books that you can ‘like’ and more reviews to vote as helpful.
- On the Author’s Page, you just might discover some very interesting information and want to find out more. I’ve discovered some awesome authors, contacted them and interviewed some of them on my blog http://www.4writersandreaders.com . Interviewing authors is another way to help promote authors and their books.
- If you’ve already read your author’s book, you can leave a review right on the book’s page.
Authors helping authors. Don’t get discouraged, there are plenty of ways to share the love… of our fellow authors and their books!
Bette A. Stevens is the author/illustrator of AMAZING MATILDA: A Monarch’s Tale http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Matilda-Monarchs-Bette-Stevens/dp/1470187663/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341698525&sr=1-2&keywords=Monarch+butterflies
Find Stevens’s latest book at http://amzn.to/YJVVOk (kindle edition).
FREE 2-Day Promotion: March 24-25, 2013 AMAZING MATILDA will be FREE for Kindle, eReaders, Kindle for PC, MAC and other devices. Be sure to get your FREE copy and share the good news. Inspire the kids in your life!
- AMAZING MATILDA is a children’s picture book whose plot inspires kids to meet challenges with patience and persistence. When you stop by for a visit, be sure to check out the great reviews! Plus there’s an awesome video trailer debut for Matilda on Stevens’s author page.
- Sign up for Carolyn’s SHARING WITH WRITERS Newsletter and find out more about her great books at http://www.HowToDoItFrugally.com
Carolyn Howard-Johnson Instructor for nearly a decade at the renowned UCLA Extension Writers’ Program
Author of the multi award-winning series of HowToDoItFrugally books including the second edition honored by USA BOOK NEWS
- Inspire the Kids in Your Life! (4writersandreaders.com)
- Grandma’s Legacy: A Poem by Bette A. Stevens (4writersandreaders.com)
Comments on: "How To Help Other Authors & Network in the Process" (1)
I’m so glad to see you let authors–and readers–know how they can help talented people, Bette. Many would like to help. It just doesn’t dawn on them how to do it. BTW, on Amazon they can also add a coveted item or book to their Wish List. That little button is in the right corner near the “Buy Button.”
Excited about how much the new edition of the Frugal Book Promoter (expanded! updated!) can help writers with the tried and true and the new media, too. Now a USA Book News award-winner in its own right (www.budurl.com/FrugalBkPromo) it the original edition was also a Reader Views winner and an Irwin Award winner.